Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
23. Picture of Desmoplastic Melanoma
Desmoplastic melanoma is form of melanoma composed of spindle cells surrounded by collagen. The desmoplastic melanoma in this picture is on the forehead of an elderly male patient. Up to 30% of desmoplastic melanomas display features of lentigo maligna.
Text Reference: "Improved Diagnostic and Prognostic Strategies for Dysplastic Melanoma." Skin Cancer Foundation.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Skin Protection Resources
- Diagnosing Skin Cancer Without Cutting
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- What Is Metastatic Melanoma?