Image Collection: Medical Illustrations
- All (560)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
97. Picture of Fractured Spine
Fractures of the spine can lead to chronic back pain. They may also contribute to abnormal curvature of the spine and a loss of height. The characteristic curvature in the upper back is called a "dowager hump." A spinal fracture may lead to pain that radiates from the back around to the side of the body.
Text Reference: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: "Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine"
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- 5 Lifesaving Tests Every Woman Needs
- Are You Ready for Back Surgery?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?