Image Collection: Scalp, Hair and Nails
- All (557)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
17. Picture of Hair Transplant
Surgical approaches include various versions of hair transplantation (taking hair from the back and putting it near the front) or scalp reduction (cutting away bald areas and stitching the rest together). Transplant procedures have improved greatly in recent years. They can produce much more attractive and natural-looking results than older methods that sometimes left a "checkerboard" look. Many transplant patients now take Propecia to keep what they've transplanted. When considering a hair transplant, check the surgeon's credentials and experience carefully.
Slideshow: Hair Loss
Image Source: Image reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2010.
Text: MedicineNet - Hair Loss in Men and Women
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Guide: Beauty and Healthy Living Facts You Can’t Live Without
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care