Image Collection: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- All (557)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
6. Picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
In rare cases, as when someone's immune system is severely compromised, this virus can cause infection of the brain (encephalitis).
Herpes simplex type 1 is also known as human herpesvirus 1 (HHV-1).
Facts About Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories: