Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
39. Picture of Pancreas
The pancreas is an approximately 6-inch-long gland that is situated behind the stomach on the right side of the abdomen. The pancreas secretes enzymes that aid in digestion of food in the first part of the small intestine -- the duodenum -- via the pancreatic duct.
Text Reference: "The Pancreas." Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication