Image Collection: Medical Illustrations
- All (560)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
48. Picture of Prostate
The prostate gland is part of the male reproductive system. It is the size of a walnut and anatomically sits in front of the rectum and between the bladder and the penis. The prostate surrounds the urethra. Sperm are generated in the testes. Tubes called vasa deferens are conduits for sperm that move from the testes to the seminal vesicles. Seminal vesicles secrete fluid that is a component of semen. The prostate contains sperm that is released during ejaculation.
Text Reference: "Anatomy of the Prostate." National Cancer Institute.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Men's Health Resources
- Daily Habits to Ease Chronic Pain
- How Well Are You Living With AS?
- Do You Have Symptoms of Hearing Loss?