Image Collection: Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- All (560)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
13. Picture of Psoriasis of the Scalp
Psoriasis may affect the scalp. Symptoms may range from dry, fine, scaly skin to full-blown thick, crusted plaques. These plaques may peel off or flake off. Psoriasis may resemble seborrheic dermatitis. They appear different in that seborrheic dermatitis has an oily, greasy-looking appearance and is not dry like scalp psoriasis.
Text Reference: National Psoriasis Foundation: "Scalp Psoriasis"
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Could Psoriasis Cause Eye Issues?
- How Much Do You Know About Psoriatic Arthritis?
- Can You Make Living With Psoriasis Easier?