Image Collection: Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- All (561)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (27)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
14. Picture of Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis is a specific condition in which a person has both psoriasis and arthritis. Psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease, meaning that the immune system is misdirected to cause inflammation of one's own tissues. Rarely, a person can have psoriatic arthritis without having skin psoriasis. Moreover, the arthritis can precede the psoriasis by months or years, or present after years of psoriasis.
Image Source: Image courtesy of Hon Pak, M.D. and reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2009
Text: eMedicineHealth: Types of Psoriasis
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Could Psoriasis Cause Eye Issues?
- How Much Do You Know About Psoriatic Arthritis?
- Can You Make Living With Psoriasis Easier?