Image Collection: Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- All (560)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
14. Picture of Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis is a type of arthritis that affects both the joints and the skin. It is an autoimmune disease. The immune system creates antibodies that attack certain tissues in the body. Some cases of psoriatic arthritis occur without accompanying skin psoriasis. Arthritis may develop many months or years before or after psoriasis is present.
Text Reference: American College of Rheumatology: "Psoriatic Arthritis"
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Could Psoriasis Cause Eye Issues?
- How Much Do You Know About Psoriatic Arthritis?
- Can You Make Living With Psoriasis Easier?