Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
12. Picture of Squamous Cell Carcinoma 1
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is a type of cancer that arises from squamous cells, which are found in the upper layer of the skin (epidermis). Squamous cells are also found in the lining of the respiratory tract, GI tract, and hollow organs. Squamous cell carcinoma may occur on the skin or any area where squamous cells are found.
Text Reference: "Squamous Cell Carcinoma." Skin Cancer Foundation.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- Is My NSCLC Immunotherapy Working?