Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
12. Picture of Squamous Cell Carcinoma 1
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is a type of cancer that arises from squamous cells, which are found in the upper layer of the skin (epidermis). Squamous cells are also found in the lining of the respiratory tract, GI tract, and hollow organs. Squamous cell carcinoma may occur on the skin or any area where squamous cells are found.
Text Reference: "Squamous Cell Carcinoma." Skin Cancer Foundation.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication