Image Collection: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
4. Picture of Syphilis
Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by Treponema pallidum, a microscopic organism called a spirochete. This worm-like, spiral-shaped organism infects people by burrowing into the moist mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals. From there, the spirochete produces a non-painful ulcer known as a chancre.
Facts About Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?