Image Collection: Scalp, Hair and Nails
- All (557)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
26. Picture of Traction Alopecia
Tight braids and ponytails can pull hard enough on hairs to make them fall out. If this happens, it's best to choose hairstyles that put less pressure on hair roots. The sooner this is done the better in order to avoid permanent damage.
Slideshow: Hair Loss
Image Source: Image reprinted with permission from eMedicine.com, 2010.
Text: MedicineNet - Hair Loss in Men and Women
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Guide: Beauty and Healthy Living Facts You Can’t Live Without
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care