Immunization Schedule, Adults Topic Guide
Immunization Schedule, Adults: At least 45,000 adults in the United States die of complications of influenza, pneumococcal infections, and hepatitis B each year. These diseases, and others that can be prevented by vaccines, ...
Tetanus Tetanus is an infectious disease caused by contamination of wounds from the bacteria Clostridium tetani, or the spores they produce that live in the soil, and animal feces. Symptoms and signs include muscle cramps, lockjaw, weakness, and difficulty swallowing. Tetanus treatment incorporates antibiotics, wound cleansing, pain medicine, sedatives to control muscle spasms, and IV fluids.
Expert Views and News
- Get Your Child's Eczema Under Control
- How to Choose a Pediatrician
- Fever in Baby: When to Call the Doctor
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?