Immunization Schedule, Children (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
In February 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved an oral vaccine for rotavirus (RotaTeq). It is currently the only vaccine approved in the United States for prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis as of the date of this publication. RotaTeq is recommended by the CDC as part of the regularly scheduled vaccines and is administered to all infants in a three-dose series starting in infants 6-12 weeks of age and completing before the infant is 32 weeks of age.
Randy P Prescilla, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Immunization Schedule, Children
- Get Your Child's Eczema Under Control
- How to Choose a Pediatrician
- Fever in Baby: When to Call the Doctor
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?