Immunization Schedule, Children (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Polio is a disease caused by a virus. It enters a child's body through the mouth. Sometimes it causes paralysis (inability to move arms or legs) and can lead to death.
Polio used to be very common in the United States. It paralyzed and killed thousands of people a year in epidemics before we had a vaccine to prevent it.
Randy P Prescilla, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Immunization Schedule, Children
- Get Your Child's Eczema Under Control
- How to Choose a Pediatrician
- Fever in Baby: When to Call the Doctor
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?