Immunization Schedule, Children (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
This vaccine will help prevent diseases caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae, also called pneumococcal disease. This vaccine differs from the pneumococcal-23 vaccine that is typically given to adults.
Meningitis, blood infections, and pneumonia are some serious examples of this infection. Likewise, these diseases are some of the most invasive (aggressive and spreads throughout the body) infections in children.
Randy P Prescilla, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Immunization Schedule, Children
- Get Your Child's Eczema Under Control
- How to Choose a Pediatrician
- Fever in Baby: When to Call the Doctor
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?