Immunization Schedule, Children Topic Guide
Immunization Schedule, Children: Vaccinations are some of the most important tools available for preventing disease. Most children get all their shots during childhood. Parents should consult their doctors about which vaccines their children should have and when. Keep track of your children's immunizations yourself.
Tetanus Tetanus is an infectious disease caused by contamination of wounds from the bacteria Clostridium tetani, or the spores they produce that live in the soil, and animal feces. Symptoms and signs include muscle cramps, lockjaw, weakness, and difficulty swallowing. Tetanus treatment incorporates antibiotics, wound cleansing, pain medicine, sedatives to control muscle spasms, and IV fluids.
Expert Views and News
- Get Your Child's Eczema Under Control
- How to Choose a Pediatrician
- Fever in Baby: When to Call the Doctor
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?