Viewer Comments: Impetigo - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Impetigo:

Impetigo - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your impetigo last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: Female (Caregiver) Published: September 16

I work with children and two of them had been dealing with impetigo. Unfortunately I got impetigo on my face, where I usually get acne breakouts. I treated it with Fucidin, and it was gone in a few days. A couple weeks later, my 6-year-old daughter got a couple spots on the inside of her thigh, likely starting from mosquito bites. We started using Fucidin, but it spread to her arms, feet and other parts of her legs. We were finally perscribed an oral antibiotic, as the impetigo was determined as a blistering form and several water type blisters where forming. We also were sent to a dermatologist who perscribed a triple antibiotic cream for the whole family. To be used twice a day in our noses, groin areas and armpits. This is supposed to stop the infection from travelling. My daughter seems to be healing, although I wonder if she'll have permanent scaring. Last night she came up with a new rash across her thighs and stomach. We're praying it's unrelated!!

Comment from: Anna, Female (Caregiver) Published: December 10

My 5 year old son has had impetigo for 3 years. We can't seem to get rid of it. He has had short and one long course of antibiotics, foban and batraban on the sores and up the nose. We have also given him probiotics, and tried iceapathic drops and had an allergy test which was all fine.

Must Read Articles Related to Impetigo

MRSA
MRSA Infection Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus is an infection that shows resistance to many antibiotics. Symptoms and signs include pus production and itching in ...learn more >>
Skin Rashes in Children
Skin Rashes in Children Skin rashes in children may be categorized as bacterial, viral, life-threatening, fungal, and parasitic rashes. Oftentimes, the associated symptoms help establi...learn more >>
Staph Infection
Staphylococcus Staphylococcus is a type of bacteria that causes infection (often called a "Staph infection"). Staphylococcus can cause infections in almost any organ system in...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Impetigo:

Impetigo - Treatment

What symptoms did you experience with impetigo?