In Vitro Fertilization Topic Guide
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): In vitro fertilization (IVF) is an assisted reproductive technology (ATR) technique used to help a woman become pregnant. Factors to consider with IVF include age, multiple births, cost, reduced need for surgery, and safety. IVF involves several steps. There are rare risks associated with IVF. Success rates for IVF depend on the age of the woman.
Infertility Infertility affects about 6.1 million people in the United States, about 10% of men and women of reproductive age. A fertility specialist is usually an obstetrician-gynecologist (specialist in women's reproductive health) with advanced education, research, and professional skills in reproductive endocrinology.
Expert Views and News
- Preterm Labor and Birth: The Basics Explained
- Calculate Your Most Fertile Days
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication