Viewer Comments: In Vitro Fertilization - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about In Vitro Fertilization (IVF):

In Vitro Fertilization - Experience

Please describe your experience with in vitro fertilization.

Comment from: Miracle, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I'm not yet a patient, but I want to be. I have 3 children of my own from my teenage years, not knowing what life had in store for me, and my future didn't look promising. I had them cut, tied, and burnt. Now 13 years later I'm married for the first time to a great man, and now him having none of his own. We both want a child together. My tubes have been done 11 years now. I'm 33 I'm not rich, but would give anything to have his child!! My heart breaks to think about it!

Comment from: KG2012, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had lost my baby at 3 months, 2 weeks old and had my tubes tied. I have the option of going and having in vitro done. I am so confused and not sure if that would be the right thing to decide to do. It's now been almost 3 1/2 months and I am longing for that feeling of having a baby in my arms and raising another child.

Comment from: ss, 45-54 Male Published: September 07

I'm 46 and my wife is 45 and we both have been "fixed" and both have kids from previous marriages. We finally got back together after almost 30 years apart. I'd love to have a child of our own but after reading this I know it won't happen. We're too old and too many risks break my heart. Good luck to everyone who has success.

Comment from: susan, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I went for IVF. Tuesday they took out my eggs and took my husband's sperms. Two of the eggs turned brown on Wednesday and another one is still not fertilized, or they can't see it now. It's tomorrow day 3. What can we expect? What can be the problem? How long should we wait? Now we still wait to hear from the doctor to tell us if and when they will put it back.

Comment from: Anythingspossible., Female Published: February 17

It was a wonderful experience for me and my husband. I would love to do it again.

Comment from: Rozee, 13-18 Female Published: January 11

I'm actually an IVF baby myself! :)

Must Read Articles Related to In Vitro Fertilization

Hormonal Methods of Birth Control
Birth Control Hormonal Methods

Hormonal types and of options for b...learn more >>

Infertility
Infertility Infertility affects about 6.1 million people in the United States—about 10% of men and women of reproductive age. A learn more >>
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs (Week by Week)
Pregnancy Symptoms

The symptoms of early pregnancy...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about In Vitro Fertilization (IVF):

In Vitro Fertilization - Experience

Please share your experience with IVF.

In Vitro Fertilization - Other Techniques

What other assisted reproduction techniques have you tried, and have any been successful?

In Vitro Fertilization - Egg or Sperm Donation

Please share your experience with donating eggs or sperm for IVF.