Incontinence FAQs Topic Guide
Incontinence Urinary incontinence is when there's an involuntary loss of urine. There are many types of incontinence, including urge incontinence (overactive bladder), mixed incontinence, reflex incontinence, and stress incontinence. Potential causes of incontinence include overactive bladder muscles, weak bladder muscles, blockage of urine flow, and nerve damage. Treatment may involve dietary changes and exercise, including Kegel exercises and using vaginal weights.
Women's Health Resources
- OAB: What Are My Treatment Options?
- Help for a Leaky Bladder
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication