Ingrown Toenails (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Prognosis of Ingrown Toenails
The toe usually heals well after this procedure. The primary concern is whether the nail will become ingrown again, which can occur even after destruction of the nail-growing cells.
The overall rate for recurrence of an ingrown toenail is 10%-34%.
If part of the toenail was removed, it will grow back within 12 months.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/17/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Ingrown Toenails
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ingrown Toenails:
Ingrown Toenails - Surgery
Please share your experience with your ingrown toenail surgery.
Ingrown Toenails - Symptoms and Signs
What symptoms and signs did you experience with ingrown toenails?
Ingrown Toenails - Effective Treatment
What treatment has been effective for your ingrown toenails?
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication