Viewer Comments: Ingrown Toenails - Effective Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ingrown Toenails:

Ingrown Toenails - Effective Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your ingrown toenails?

Comment from: JT, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

Get to the doctor do not attempt to take care of it yourself. You will only make it worse and risk an infection that can go to the bone. Do not be a hero - do not pretend you know what you are doing!!!

Comment from: arnel, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 20

I had minor surgery on an ingrown toenail recently. But prior to my operation, I did a little research regarding my recurring ingrown toenail on eMedicineHealth. It really helps a lot. It truly provides the information you need to know about ingrown toenails.

I had an ingrown nail on both if my big toes at both sides. I wouldn't go to the gp because I don't like injections, when I went for the surgery I was terrified but in actual fact this pain you experience with the anesthetic is well worth the pain relief overall. I now just go for checkups but I advise people to have theirs checked out immediately, it took we a year to conquer my fear. I wish I would have done it sooner!!

Comment from: happitrails, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I was given 20000mg of cephalaxin twice a day for my ingrown toenail and I washed and soaked my foot in Epsom salts emptying the water four times a day. I continue to have pain and will now be going to a podiatrist because the medical doctor is now referring me to him. I wish I had gone to the podiatrist in the first place.

Must Read Articles Related to Ingrown Toenails

Abscess
Abscess An abscess is has several causes and can appear on many parts of the body, such as the dental, vaginal, and rectal areas. In general, home remedies or cures are...learn more >>
Antibiotics
Antibiotics Antibiotics are prescribed to individuals to cure disease by killing bacteria. There are over 100 antibiotics. The main classes of antibiotics include penicilli...learn more >>
Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy Chemotherapy or "chemo" is a treatment for cancer. Depending on the type of cancer an individual has, it can cure cancer, control cancer. or ease cancer symptom...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ingrown Toenails:

Ingrown Toenails - Treatment

What was the treatment for your ingrown toenails?

Ingrown Toenails - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with ingrown toenails?