Viewer Comments: Insect Bites - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Insect Bites:

Insect Bites - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your insect bites?

Comment from: rixus, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I don't know what bit me, but the area is mildly swollen and warm to touch with excessive itching.

Comment from: Jenny, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I was bitten by ants on my lip and my lip is swollen and shining.

Comment from: vpdgraylady, 65-74 Female Published: February 22

I was bitten by something. I had itchiness and redness around the area of the bit. These symptoms lasted 5 to 10 days.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I was bitten by an unknown insect. I had itchiness and redness, pain and it got swollen around the area of the bit. These symptoms lasted more than a week.

Comment from: annia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I am in my early sixties. I usually walk a lot and swim. Within a week I was bitten by a house spider. The area was swollen blue and puffy there were like two marks left in the skin on inside of foot, and few days later was bitten by unknown insect. I was in a covered area in a public place when I felt the sting looked at my arm there was like a large blister about a two penny size which then turned like a kind of dark yellow and a week later is still marked on my arm. The day after that bite I became ill very nauseous could not eat, very sleepy, no energy, had to stay in bed just drinking water. Saw my doctor who said it was a water infection? Then developed a bad toothache went to see dentist he took an x-ray of tooth said tooth was ok but not happy as there was swelling around it. I mentioned the two bites I had few days previously. He took it very seriously and prescribed doxycycline for 10 days. That seemed to put me back on my feet. I'm still wondering what it was?

Must Read Articles Related to Insect Bites

Allergic Reaction
Allergic Reaction An allergic reaction is an overreaction to a harmless substance. Symptoms and signs of an allergic reaction include hives, rashes, swelling, itching, wheezing, ...learn more >>
Bedbugs
Bedbugs Bedbugs are blood-sucking parasites that feed on mammals and birds. Symptoms and signs of bedbug bites include reddish-colored skin lesions and localized itchin...learn more >>
Bee and Wasp Stings
Bee and Wasp Stings Although many different types of insects in the United States are able to inflict a poisonous bite or sting (meaning they are venomous), the insects most likely...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Insect Bites:

Insect Bites - Experience

Please describe your experience with insect bites.

Insect Bites - Treatment

What was the treatment for your insect bites?