Insulin Reaction (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Insulin Reaction Prognosis
Insulin reactions are a common situation and are usually easily treated with little consequence.
If the episode occurs when the patient is driving, using heavy machinery, or otherwise engaged in a potential risky situation, injury may occur.
Patients may develop significant organ damage if blood sugars remain low for a prolonged a period of time.
Medically reviewed by John A. Seibel, MD; Board Certified Internal Medicine with a subspecialty in Endocrinology & Metabolism
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/23/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Insulin Reaction
- Diabetes Can Aggravate Dental Problems
- Diabetes Caregiver Checklist
- The Facts on Gestational Diabetes
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?