Viewer Comments: Insulin Resistance - Diet

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Insulin Resistance:

Insulin Resistance - Diet

What changes to your diet have helped manage your insulin resistance?

Comment from: Joe, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

Periodically I have had instances of insulin resistance. I was told to include roughly 2 to 4 ounces of scotch whiskey in my diet. It has proven to be very helpful. It brings my sugar levels down to normal for a Type 1 diabetic.

Comment from: Chris, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I am a 51-year-old retired Marine. I developed severe sweating, shakes, dizziness, and fatigue over the past year and a half. I had other health issues that also contributed to these symptoms and while I would get some relief after the treatment for other diagnosed issues my sweating, fatigue and shakes never went away. Finally I was referred to an endocrinologist and diabetes office where a glucose tolerance test showed I was insulin resistant. I am now starting my meds and changing my diet. I hope I can report back great things in a month.

Must Read Articles Related to Insulin Resistance

High Cholesterol and Children
Cholesterol and Children High cholesterol is a risk factor for coronary heart disease in adults, but some children may be at risk for premature coronary heart disease if they have high ...learn more >>
Cholesterol FAQs
Cholesterol FAQs Test your cholesterol IQ by reading about cholesterol FAQs (cholesterol facts) like the risk factors for high cholesterol (diet, lack of exercise, smoking, here...learn more >>
Heart Disease
Coronary Heart Disease Coronary heart disease (CHD), also called coronary artery disease, affects about 14 million men and women in the United States. Disease develops when a combinat...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Insulin Resistance:

Insulin Resistance - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with insulin resistance.