Viewer Comments: Interstitial Cystitis - Diet

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Interstitial Cystitis:

Interstitial Cystitis - Diet

What changes to your diet have helped manage your interstitial cystitis?

Comment from: jackie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

A gluten-free diet has drastically decreased my flares and brain fog. I also avoid soy and dairy products.

Comment from: Jayne, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

I have had IC for twenty years. The pain started out slow, during the day, but as time wore on, it also happened at night. I didn't think the pain could get any worse, but it did. Now it feels like things from my bladder down is swollen. I take a blood thinner, and I have high blood pressure and diabetes. I thought that some of this medicine could be causing the heavy pressure I am feeling. Is there anyone else out there like me? I had a hysterectomy in 1971.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Interstitial Cystitis:

Interstitial Cystitis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your interstitial cystitis?

Interstitial Cystitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with interstitial cystitis.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Effective Treatment

Did you use medications, lifestyle changes, stress reduction, supplements, or a combination of treatments for your chronic fatigue syndrome? What was most helpful?