Intravenous Pyelogram Introduction
Intravenous pyelography refers to a series of X-rays taken of the kidneys, their collecting or drainage system (the ureters), and the bladder. The ureters are the small tubelike structures that connect the kidneys to the bladder.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/28/2014
Adrian S Cheong, MD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Richard Harrigan, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Intravenous Pyelogram
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Intravenous Pyelogram:
Intravenous Pyelogram - Patient Experience
Was your kidney condition diagnosed through a intravenous pyelogram? Please describe your experience.
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication