Viewer Comments: Iritis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Iritis:

Iritis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your Iritis?

Comment from: kimagain630, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I had irisitis the first time about 12 years ago. I thought I was going to lose my mind. It hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced. I had waited too long to get it looked at. Finally, I went to the ER and they put a shot of cortisone in my eye. This gave me instant relief! I recently had another attack of it, only it was in the opposite eye. Again it was steroids that helped and this time I went for help it immediately. I too was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. I can't help but wonder if there is some connection.

Related Reading: cortisone

Must Read Articles Related to Iritis

Eye Injuries
Eye Injuries Eye injuries range from the very minor, such as getting soap in the eye, to the catastrophic, resulting in permanent loss of vision. Treatment of eye injuries d...learn more >>
Eye Pain
Eye Pain Eye pain has many causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments. It's also described as pain behind the eye, eye socket pain, or shooting pain in the eye. Headaches a...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Iritis:

Iritis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your iritis?