Viewer Comments: Iritis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Iritis:

Iritis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of you iritis?

Comment from: Amy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

My iritis shows up suddenly in one eye with extreme sensitivity to light and touch, solid flow of tears, blurry vision, redness, eye pain, headache, and a deep ache behind my cheekbone and temple. The dilating drops feel so good and really take the eye pain away, but that ache in my face takes a while on steroid drops to go away. My doctor told me to keep the dilating drops handy for flare-up, but not to use the steroid drops without re-evaluation and instructions since every time can be different. He keeps a spot open for iritis appts every day and he says to call in for instructions if it happens at night or weekends, so I do that.

Comment from: Csnipes24, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

Mine is just major eye pain from light and from touch. Also a mild headache going along with it too. My first flare-up I had to go to ER and I had no idea what was going on. I could not use either eye since when one eye dilates. So does the other. This is very painful as well. My eye doctor put the dilator drops in the painful one to keep it from dilating and I used Prednisolone drops. I keep these drops handy and when I feel it starting up again. I use the drops and it will ease off.

Must Read Articles Related to Iritis

Eye Injuries
Eye Injuries Eye injuries range from the very minor, such as getting soap in the eye, to the catastrophic, resulting in permanent loss of vision. Treatment of eye injuries d...learn more >>
Eye Pain
Eye Pain Eye pain has many causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments. It's also described as pain behind the eye, eye socket pain, or shooting pain in the eye. Headaches a...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Iritis:

Iritis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your Iritis?