Irritable Bowel Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
If a person has any of the symptoms of IBS as discussed previously, or if a person with known IBS has unusual symptoms, a health care practitioner should be consulted. Go to a hospital emergency department if problems are severe and/or come on suddenly
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Diagnosis
How was the diagnosis of your irritable bowel syndrome established?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Symptoms
What are your irritable bowel syndrome symptoms?
- Lactose Intolerant? 14 Ways to Eat Dairy
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?