Irritable Bowel Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Self-Care at Home
Many people may have already modified their diets before seeing a doctor. Temporarily avoiding dairy products may help assess whether symptoms of lactose intolerance are mimicking those of irritable bowel syndrome. Persons who avoid dairy products should exercise and consider taking calcium supplements.
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Diagnosis
How was the diagnosis of your irritable bowel syndrome established?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Symptoms
What are your irritable bowel syndrome symptoms?
- Lactose Intolerant? 14 Ways to Eat Dairy
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?