Questions to Ask the Doctor
- What is the cause of my jaundice? How can I learn more about it?
- Will I require any blood tests or imaging studies?
- What is the likely course of this illness? What is the long-term outlook?
- What are my treatment options? Will I require surgery or medications? Are
there any medications I should avoid?
- If my symptoms worsen while at home, what should I do? When do I need to
call you? When do I need to go to the emergency department?
Must Read Articles Related to Jaundice
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Poisoning
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning is caused primarily by damage to the liver. Symptoms of acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning include nausea, vomiting, abdominal ...learn more >>
Cirrhosis is a chronic (ongoing, long-term) disease of the liver. It means damage to the normal liver tissue that keeps this important organ from working as it ...learn more >>
Gallstones are solid particles that form from bile in the gallbladder. There are two types of gallstones, cholesterol and pigment. Causes of gallstones vary, an...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Jaundice: