Viewer Comments: Jaundice - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Jaundice:

Jaundice - Effective Treatments

What symptoms and signs did you experience with jaundice?

Comment from: Ayoob, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 04

When I had jaundice, I felt tiredness, head ache, and burning in my stomach. My skin was itching and it was yellow in color. I also had a fever.

Comment from: ak, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 19

For some time now, I discovered that my stools were getting harder and harder to pass. Later I saw I was having recurring malaria and typhoid fevers. I now noticed that my urine is very brownish and I have pepperish sensation at urination. My eyes are at times yellowish. I always have itching all over my body. I did some tests it was discovered that I have billrubin in my urine and blood. I have been treated for malaria and typhoid but my urine is still brownish especially after a dose of antibiotics or food that contains vegetable proteins.

Must Read Articles Related to Jaundice

Acetaminophen Poisoning  (Tylenol)
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Poisoning Acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning is caused primarily by damage to the liver. Symptoms of acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning include nausea, vomiting, abdominal ...learn more >>
Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis Cirrhosis is a chronic (ongoing, long-term) disease of the liver. It means damage to the normal liver tissue that keeps this important organ from working as it ...learn more >>
Gallstones
Gallstones Gallstones are solid particles that form from bile in the gallbladder. There are two types of gallstones, cholesterol and pigment. Causes of gallstones vary, an...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Jaundice:

Jaundice - Cause

What was the cause of your jaundice?

Jaundice - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms of your jaundice?

Jaundice - Experience

Please describe your experience with jaundice.