Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.

Comment from: ilene, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I have had UTIs (urinary tract infections) a few times but this past couple of days it has been awful. I had a box of AZO strong medication and I started yesterday taking the prescribed medication. My urine turned bright orange and I had to run to the bathroom several times yesterday and today. I do not have sex so I don't know what brings it on. When I urinate pain runs down by body on both sides, my arms and my fingers that I have to squeeze tight while urinating. I am worried about this kidney infection.

Comment from: summertwin, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

My pain is primarily in my mid to lower back, right side mostly. It feels like a pulled muscle when I twist or move wrong. I am super fatigued, nauseous but no vomiting, slight fever, chills, and random sharp pains in my back, but I caught this kidney infection early. I had one that hospitalized me, I waited too long before getting treated. That was about 23 years ago. I was so sick, never again will I wait! You only get one set of kidneys, so got to save them!

Comment from: shelly, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 07

I had the worst ever kidney infection and went to the doctor and felt like just lying on the floor right there in the office. I stayed in bed for 3 days. The Cipro also makes you deathly sick. Thank goodness for the Pyridium for my spasms. I still have those spasms in bladder, and every once in a while I feel as if my bladder is full and just little trickles out.

Comment from: Angie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I have had kidney infections ever since I was a teenager. The worst one was when I was running a 101.7 fever, the chills, aching pain on my right lower back, throwing up, being dehydrated due to the throwing up, the foul smell and look of my urine, and the constant headaches! If you have any of these signs, you should really get to a doctor or the emergency room.

Comment from: Bart, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I am having pain below my waist and am urinating frequently because of kidney infection.

Comment from: Herm, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I had total retention of bladder and wearing catheter now for 2 weeks, which had been changed 3 times as no urine eventuated. I will go to the hospital this Friday but I have developing pain, like small kick into my testicles and small pain developing in the groin area. I am scared about kidney infection.

Comment from: maria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

Well, I went to urgent care with pains in my side. Yep, it was kidney infection. It's an awful painful infection, I was given antibiotics, no pain medicines and it hurts.

Comment from: zuzu, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I was in pain on my side. After a few days, the pain was too much. I went to a doctor who put me on antibiotics.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?