Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?

Comment from: Shelly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

My kidney infection started with low back and flank pain. I couldn't lie in bed for more than an hour without being in excruciating pain but due to disc problems and polycystic ovarian disease the kidneys never crossed my mind until the dark, foul urine started. Turned out it was a serious kindness infection. I was given antibiotics that cleared it up, but I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow. I had no other symptoms, no burning during urination, no bladder pain or frequent urination. The only symptom that told me kidney infection was the color and odor of the urine.

Comment from: red-head, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I had a kidney infection 3 months ago. I felt better for a while then it started up again. It strikes without warning and it hurts from my right side all the way around to my lower back. I feel nauseous and tired for an episode then it goes away again. This happens mainly at night but does it in the day periodically. I just hope I feel better soon.

Comment from: cece, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: December 04

My dad was taken to the hospital in an ambulance from his assisted living residence. The caregiver at the home stated my dad was walking down the hallway in his underwear not sure what he was doing. He then urinated on the hall carpet. When he gets to the hospital, he was diagnosed with a kidney infection.

Comment from: cutie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I was told to drink a lot of water or else I would be on dialysis.

Comment from: Tickey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I am suffering from high blood pressure. I am on medication for that. Last week Monday around 12 noon, I suddenly felt terribly dizzy and sick with a throbbing head ache. I went to the doctor, who told me that my blood pressure dropped severely to 75/55 and that I must stop using my blood pressure medication for a while. Tuesday morning I woke up, still with the same dizziness and headache. I also had terrible lower back ache. I went back to the doctor, who then diagnosed me with kidney infection. He asked whether I had fever through the night, which I did. He gave me antibiotics and booked me off work for the day. Wednesday I still felt no better and decided to go back. He gave me pain medication as well as another bottle of antibiotics. The whole time I felt dizzy, terrible headache, backache, and tired.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?