Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

Comment from: sassyb1793, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I had really bad stomach and back pain and it hurt to pass urine. I also had a very high fever and got to the doctor ASAP. Turns out it was a kidney infection and I got on antibiotics.

Comment from: vote, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I am 32. A few years ago I had this pain on my rear back side, lower back. I went for a scan and was told to avoid cold places. The pain went away without medication last year it started again bit on both sizes now.

Comment from: KittyCatPaws2012, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

Hi I am a 29 year old lady. I woke up to a lot of pain and it got worse as I lay back down. I kept on throwing up also. I had to have my mom drive to the hospital because I was in pain. I had to take a urine test and then wait again. When I got called back to a room the doc came in and told me I had a kidney infection.

Comment from: Chase, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

I had blinding pain in left flank, rapid heart rate, chills, fever, and dizziness. I went to the hospital and they suspected twisted ovary. I had ultrasound, which found some fluid on right side. They suspected burst cyst. I went home with codeine and antibiotics. I followed up with the family doctor. As it turns out he thinks it's kidney infection, so I've been on antibiotics for a week now.

Related Reading: codeine

Comment from: alfies nan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My recent symptoms were fever, hot and cold, nausea, feeling of being drunk, vomiting, unable to walk from room to room, pain in back and under ribs and hallucinations.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I have flank pain on both sides, and trace blood and leukocytes in my urine.

Comment from: Sister, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

With my kidney infection, I had a white mucus discharge and very strong, old smelling urine.

Comment from: BASAVARAJ.S.B, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 20

My doctor said that my kidney infection was due to dengue fever. I am hardly excreting urine.

Comment from: Phoebe, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I suffer because of this kidney infection; my left side always pains me at times down to my leg. I feel back pain and other related symptoms. I have been on medication for over four months now, but to no avail, the pains still persist. I pray that we all get well.

Comment from: sbrooks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I've been seen by a doctor and I was diagnosed with a kidney infection. I've been following doctor's orders but I keep having nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: garry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

For my kidney infection, I had lower back pain and pain in my sides. And, it really hurts to stand up after sitting.

Comment from: fran, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

With my kidney infection, I have a dull throb on the left side above my hips. It has been there all day and it is starting to worsen.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?