Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis):

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

...
Comment from: Shari75, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I started feeling a stinging when passing urine, which I thought was a simple case of cystitis. I self-treated with over the counter sachets and it got better. A few days later, I began feeling unwell with a headache, nausea and a horrible pain in my right side/flank. Later, I was seen by a doctor who found protein and blood in my urine and diagnosed a kidney infection. I was prescribed Cipro and within 24 hours, I feel so much better!

Comment from: Lucky 2 B here, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I thought I had a really bad flu and ended up in the ER. The triage nurse saved my life. He recognized that my symptoms were out of proportion to the problem. As it turns out I had a double kidney infection, a urinary tract infection and sepsis. I was in critical care for one week and every doctor was amazed because I never had kidney or lower back pain.

Comment from: Deee, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I have had two kidney infections in the past 3 months and was hospitalized for 2 days for each. It's now 3 weeks later and I believe it is back. My first symptom is always lower back pain. I get no relief from by stretching or massaging. I also get a dull ache in my groin.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

For the past month I've been dealing with my kidney infection and it's apparently all healed up. When I first experienced it my symptoms were mostly vomiting, fatigue, and dehydration. Even though my infection is healed, I'm having issues with keeping fluids and food down. I never experience nausea anymore but I still vomit once a day. I'm 19 and it's mostly frustrating at this point.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I had lower side and back pain and my urine was very dark.

Comment from: sassyb1793, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I had really bad stomach and back pain and it hurt to pass urine. I also had a very high fever and got to the doctor ASAP. Turns out it was a kidney infection and I got on antibiotics.

Comment from: vote, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I am 32. A few years ago I had this pain on my rear back side, lower back. I went for a scan and was told to avoid cold places. The pain went away without medication last year it started again bit on both sizes now.

Comment from: KittyCatPaws2012, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

Hi I am a 29 year old lady. I woke up to a lot of pain and it got worse as I lay back down. I kept on throwing up also. I had to have my mom drive to the hospital because I was in pain. I had to take a urine test and then wait again. When I got called back to a room the doc came in and told me I had a kidney infection.

Comment from: Chase, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

I had blinding pain in left flank, rapid heart rate, chills, fever, and dizziness. I went to the hospital and they suspected twisted ovary. I had ultrasound, which found some fluid on right side. They suspected burst cyst. I went home with codeine and antibiotics. I followed up with the family doctor. As it turns out he thinks it's kidney infection, so I've been on antibiotics for a week now.

Comment from: alfies nan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My recent symptoms were fever, hot and cold, nausea, feeling of being drunk, vomiting, unable to walk from room to room, pain in back and under ribs and hallucinations.

...

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis):

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.