Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I have flank pain on both sides, and trace blood and leukocytes in my urine.

Comment from: Sister, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

With my kidney infection, I had a white mucus discharge and very strong, old smelling urine.

Comment from: BASAVARAJ.S.B, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 20

My doctor said that my kidney infection was due to dengue fever. I am hardly excreting urine.

Comment from: Phoebe, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I suffer because of this kidney infection; my left side always pains me at times down to my leg. I feel back pain and other related symptoms. I have been on medication for over four months now, but to no avail, the pains still persist. I pray that we all get well.

Comment from: sbrooks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I've been seen by a doctor and I was diagnosed with a kidney infection. I've been following doctor's orders but I keep having nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: garry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

For my kidney infection, I had lower back pain and pain in my sides. And, it really hurts to stand up after sitting.

Comment from: fran, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

With my kidney infection, I have a dull throb on the left side above my hips. It has been there all day and it is starting to worsen.

Comment from: Trent, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

I recently was diagnosed of passing a kidney stone which seems to have lead to a kidney infection. Blood was found in my urine and I was extremely dehydrated (due to vomiting). I did have a half day stay in the hospital and plenty of IV's. I have am on medication and have been told it could take a week or more to make decent health progress.

Comment from: wundermum, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I've just undergone treatment for a kidney infection, the second in four months. I had a high fever with chills and extreme fatigue. I was dizzy and off balance, and I had lower back pain when I inhaled. I thought I just needed a prescription, but the doctor sent me immediately to the ER.

Comment from: Lou, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

When I had a kidney infection, my symptoms were lower back pain and lower front abdominal pain.

Comment from: mom_at_wits_end, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 01

My daughter (now age 10) has had kidney infections for several years. Each time, she gets a headache, nausea, high fever, pain on one side of her back. Usually she has no "typical" symptoms such as pain urinating or frequent urination. The only underlying cause her doctors have found is chronic constipation. Her life is ruled by constantly drinking enormous amounts of water and daily fiber supplements.

Comment from: S, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

When I had a kidney infection, I had a dull pain on the lower side of my back.

Comment from: wokgeo, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

A long time ago I got a kidney infection. It started out with a dull pain in my lower back. (I got constipation a lot as well for some reason) I decided to leave it and hope it would go away but it got worse and I started having stabbing pains suddenly, which were probably to the worst thing I had ever felt in my life and I couldn't sleep at all. I went to the doctor and they gave me medication and told me I had a kidney infection which would have been a lot worse if I had left it alone any longer.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.