Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

Comment from: garry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

For my kidney infection, I had lower back pain and pain in my sides. And, it really hurts to stand up after sitting.

Comment from: fran, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

With my kidney infection, I have a dull throb on the left side above my hips. It has been there all day and it is starting to worsen.

Comment from: Trent, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

I recently was diagnosed of passing a kidney stone which seems to have lead to a kidney infection. Blood was found in my urine and I was extremely dehydrated (due to vomiting). I did have a half day stay in the hospital and plenty of IV's. I have am on medication and have been told it could take a week or more to make decent health progress.

Comment from: wundermum, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I've just undergone treatment for a kidney infection, the second in four months. I had a high fever with chills and extreme fatigue. I was dizzy and off balance, and I had lower back pain when I inhaled. I thought I just needed a prescription, but the doctor sent me immediately to the ER.

Comment from: Lou, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

When I had a kidney infection, my symptoms were lower back pain and lower front abdominal pain.

Comment from: mom_at_wits_end, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 01

My daughter (now age 10) has had kidney infections for several years. Each time, she gets a headache, nausea, high fever, pain on one side of her back. Usually she has no "typical" symptoms such as pain urinating or frequent urination. The only underlying cause her doctors have found is chronic constipation. Her life is ruled by constantly drinking enormous amounts of water and daily fiber supplements.

Comment from: S, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

When I had a kidney infection, I had a dull pain on the lower side of my back.

Comment from: wokgeo, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

A long time ago I got a kidney infection. It started out with a dull pain in my lower back. (I got constipation a lot as well for some reason) I decided to leave it and hope it would go away but it got worse and I started having stabbing pains suddenly, which were probably to the worst thing I had ever felt in my life and I couldn't sleep at all. I went to the doctor and they gave me medication and told me I had a kidney infection which would have been a lot worse if I had left it alone any longer.

Comment from: lisa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

A week ago on Monday, I woke up with a pain on my left side. I figured it was from sleeping wrong. I went to bed the next night and I woke at 4:00 a.m. not being able to move. I went to the emergency room and they took X-rays and a urine sample. The doctor concluded that it was a kidney infection and prescribed an antibiotic. I had no other symptoms: no fever, no vomiting, no pain during urination, or anything else commonly associated with kidney infections.

Comment from: alfjess, 25-34 Female Published: December 11

With my kidney infection, I had severe back pain and the frequent urge to use the restroom. I'm generally feeling yucky.

Comment from: InPain&Confused, 35-44 Female Published: November 09

I had been having incontence problems for some time (on and off since 2005)and went to the doctor for some relief - Some pain in my left flank was involved; however none associated with urination. I was told that blood was found in my urine and a CT scan was performed. They found two large kidney stones. The doctor performed cystoscopy and advised me that he would also biopsy my bladder; however, when I awakended from the outpatient surgery I was advised by my spouse that the doctor informed him that they could not remove the stones, due to the size and I also learned that they did not complete a biopsy. The stones are inside of a liquid sac and appear to be lodged inside of a calyx. This surgery costs approximately $12K and I still have the pain (although not as severe as explained by others (my assumption is that this is due that the stones remain in my kidneys and are not mobile), kidney stones, and the incontinence. I feel as if I have been burglarized. I've looked all over the internet and have went to several doctors to determine if my symptons and diagnosis is common. The symptons appear to be somewhat common, but I am unable to locate any information about kidney stones inside of a liquid sac. Searching for answers - please help!!

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?