Viewer Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

Comment from: Lorraine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

Hi. I am a 54 year old and I have had blood in my urine for 3 months, my doctor said it was kidney stones as I only had one real bad pain in my right side. I was instructed to come back in a month if the blood was still there. I work in a hospital and I was checking myself. I am not sick and have no other symptoms except for a dull pain on my side that comes and goes, and of course the blood. He is now sending me for a CT scan. I am very worried that it could be bladder cancer, even though there are so many other reasons.

Comment from: sbu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I have side and back pain every morning when I wake and even at night. I should probably get to a doctor, as I hear that once there is blood in the urine, it means the infection has gotten really bad.

Comment from: babygirl36, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I started having a pain in the right side and lower part of my back. Every day my pain got worse. I started urinating a lot and my urine had a funny scent and color. After the pain became unbearable I went to the doctor. At first I thought it was gas, but I was told by the doctor, it is a kidney infection. I was given 3 days off and antibiotics and pain medication. And I was told to buy and drink cranberry juice. Today is my 3rd day home, the pain is not as bad now, but my back is killing me and I feel really tired.

Comment from: watergirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I was driving home from work the other day when I began to experience pain on the right lower side of my back. It wasn't until the next day that I realized that I may have a kidney infection. I have taken 2 Aleve for the pain and I am trying to drink water. I have also noticed that I have made many frequent trips to the restroom within the past two days.

Comment from: glenncredi, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I'm a 30 year old male and I had passed 3 kidney stones about 5 years ago. Talk about pain, it will make a grown man cry. Anyway off and on for the past year I will get nasty lower back pain especially when I'm laying down, it's progressively gotten more frequent. I have no other symptoms just pain. I'm currently laid off from work and have no insurance so I have been dealing with it but its starting to really worry me because it's been going on so long.

Comment from: bartho, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I have pain at about the bra line radiating somewhat to my right side. I have my gall bladder out and this mostly reminds me of gall bladder pain. I don't think it is back pain. I have had the pain since last Saturday.

Comment from: nickels, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I have had recurrent UTI's since I was three years old. I was found to have a reflux ureter that later was said to be outgrown. I continue to have kidney infections, quite often with little to no bladder symptoms. I have had the full scope of antibiotics and have been hospitalized for two weeks at a time.

Comment from: maureen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

Increasing pain on my right side from groin to rib cage front and back, nausea , gassy bloated very distracting can't focus.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection:

Kidney Infection - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney infection.

Kidney Infection - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?