Viewer Comments: Kidney Stones - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Stones:

Kidney Stones - Symptoms

For kidney stones, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Comment from: white_chickk, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

well i have had kidney stones for like 3 years and they just keep comming back the docters dont understand why my boyd makes them so fast they tell me that having a baby should be no worry for me since the pain of the kidney stones is somewhat like the same pain but i happy now because its gonna be a year since ive gotten the pain.

Comment from: Sick of the PAIN, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I too am a kidney stone producer, but this most current episode is the worst. The pain just won't go away. I am on week five now. I went to a doctor in October he said he can't feel them unless they are in the ureter so I thought it was something else. I found out I had a cyst on my ovary but when I went to my OBY in massive pain he said it couldn't cause that much pain. I went to the ER. and the CT scan showed one on both sides in the ureter. I tried the usually flushing process but to no avail. I saw a Urologist last week and he told me that no way could I still be in pain. WHATEVER! He has obviously never experienced Kidney stone. I am going to see my OB again but what I really want is for someone to say. Let's get them out.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I have had kidney stones in the past and am currently fighting the symptoms again. I feel run down. My back is hurting and I ended up in urgent care again. They gave me Tylenol with codeine and sent me home. I am so tired of kidney stones.

Must Read Articles Related to Kidney Stones

CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)
CT Scan History CT was discovered independently by a British engineer named Sir Godfrey Hounsfield and Dr. Alan Cormack. It has become a mainstay for diagnosing med...learn more >>
Cystoscopy
Cystoscopy Cystoscopy is the use of a scope (cystoscope) to examine the bladder. This is done either to look at the bladder for abnormalities or to help with surgery being...learn more >>
Dehydration (Adults)
Dehydration in Adults Dehydration occurs when the loss of body fluids (mostly water), exceeds the amount that is taken in. Causes of dehydration include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, di...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Stones:

Kidney Stones - Treatments

What treatment was effective for your kidney stones?