Viewer Comments: Knee Pain - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain:

Knee Pain - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 29

After a scope on both knees, I was in severe pain that never went away. Now, I take one Vicodin a day, which works enough to get me through.

Comment from: Carolinagirl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I was diagnosed with gout in the knee (aspiration/microscopic testing) about a month ago. Prescribed Colchicine but I do not like possible side effects so have not taken it. Pain is excruciating in the soft tissue behind the knee and in upper muscle area of calf. I take extra strength Tylenol.

Comment from: peggy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

My pain is in the inner part of the leg closer to the knee. No pain when sitting no pain when standing but pain when getting up for about 1 minute until it adjusts. I am on my feet all day and my leg is a little double jointed, when I stand it is not straight it is inverted with the back part of the leg pointing out like a small arc.

Comment from: Moonlitcoyote, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I've had pain in my left knee for about 3 months now; some times it's so bad I feel like vomiting. I just had an MRI done Friday and it came back with nothing wrong. I wonder if I am going crazy, nothing wrong but hurts like the dickens after a day of shopping or working. Nothing helps anymore not even narcotics.

Comment from: Angela, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I've got tendonitis and bursitis in both of my knees, with the left 1 being extremely painful. Just had a procedure done where they draw blood from your arm and inject it into the tendons they've roughed up with a needle. It was very painful but I'll know in a matter of a month if it worked. I've tried everything else: 3 cortisone shots in knees, physical therapy, electric stimulation, massage therapy, ice, rest, elevation, ibuprofen and other pain medications none of it has helped AT ALL.

Must Read Articles Related to Knee Pain Overview

Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Chronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common...learn more >>
Gout
Gout Gout is characterized by abnormal uric acid metabolism. Symptoms and signs include a red, hot, swollen joint, and acute pain. Medications for the treatment of g...learn more >>
Knee Joint Replacement
Knee Joint Replacement The procedure of knee joint replacement is called a total knee arthroplasty (TKA). This surgery involves replacing your knee joint with a manmade one. Osteoarth...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain:

Knee Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with knee pain.

Knee Pain - Causes

What was the cause of your knee pain?

From WebMD