Viewer Comments: Knee Pain - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain:

Knee Pain - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: thatgirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

I don't even know where to begin. My knee hurts so badly every day now, I really should have had it looked at a long time ago. When it gets really bad, I use ice and ibuprofen or something, but it's really just a quick-fix and I know it's time to see a doctor. I knew a long time ago that something was wrong, but I put it off for as long as I could.

Comment from: dvsmit, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: September 29

My knee is full of fluid above the whole knee cap i.ve had this for about 5 days and the injury was about 10 days ago, is ice and ibuprofen enough,

Comment from: mbabsotbc, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

Knee pain has been coming and going for the past year and the wrist is feeling terribly painful

I have been getting pain in my right knee, so I kept putting pressure on different parts of the knee to see where the actual pain comes from, and it comes from the outside on the right side of the knee. I have been doing day care and have been changing diapers on the mat on the floor for 10 yrs. I am assuming that the knee had enough bending. I just turned 52, and in good physical health, besides my knee. I bought a hot tub and went into it yesterday after the pain was so much, and it relieved most of the pain. It was hurting so bad and being stiff, took Advil, helped somewhat. I bought the hot tub for lower back pain from lifting the babies, but it's useful for other problems like the knee. I guess I should go to see a doctor, but you know them, they like to perform surgery for everything, which I don't want. Rest, Advil, Hot Tub helps me.

Comment from: Montana Joe, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

My knee pain symptoms are pain when doing stairs, especially going down stairs pain when getting up from a sitting position and pain upon kneeling also terrible grinding noises going up the stairs. I now have to use a cane to go up and down my stairs, and I exercise 4-6 times a week. Regular walking doesn't hurt so much, but sometimes my knee aches so badly at night it inhibits sleep. My insurance is effective in January so I will see the doc then, as it has been almost 2 years of gradually increasing pain in my knees! Though the left knee is considerably worse.

Comment from: KareBear7999, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I am currently 20 years old, and was in a car accident. My knee hit the dash board forcefully. The pain was immediate and has persisted ever since. My knees tend to dislocate slightly and click when I walk. They swell up on a daily basis, and the pain is severe. I recently had an MRI and am to see my doctor in late October. I am not sure as to what it is causing all of these symptoms, but they are really bothersome.

Comment from: Cat, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 10

My knee pain has come on gradually but after I did Zumba dancing for an hour, I have had continuous knee pain (sometimes in both knees) without any swelling. It is much worse when going up and down stairs or getting up from sitting. Been going on at least three weeks or more.

Comment from: AdamC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 22

I am on my second bottle of the Joint Support + Vitamin B12 and have been using it regularly. I was afraid that I was going to have to stop exercising, which I knew wouldn't be good for stress or health. After a couple of weeks of using this, my knee pain has stopped and my left shoulder feels much better when I am moving it. I plan to use this regularly and recommend it to other folks with similar issues.

Comment from: kcbarista, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 21

My knee hurts off and on, but this morning, it really hurt when I first woke up.

Comment from: bev fox, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I've had knee pain for more than a month now. It hurts to kneel, hurts to walk. Everything hurts. I had a course of steroids to ease the pain. Now, I'm waiting to get an X-ray.

Must Read Articles Related to Knee Pain Overview

Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Chronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common...learn more >>
Gout
Gout Gout is characterized by abnormal uric acid metabolism. Symptoms and signs include a red, hot, swollen joint, and acute pain. Medications for the treatment of g...learn more >>
Knee Joint Replacement
Knee Joint Replacement The procedure of knee joint replacement is called a total knee arthroplasty (TKA). This surgery involves replacing your knee joint with a manmade one. Osteoarth...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain:

Knee Pain - Causes

What was the cause of your knee pain?

Knee Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with knee pain.