Viewer Comments: Knee Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain:

Knee Pain - Causes

What was the cause of your knee pain?

Comment from: david, 45-54 Male Published: April 01

My knee began to hurt after I was on my knees for a while changing a tire.

Comment from: Vicki, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I fell off of a 10 speed bike (first time trying to ride in at least 30 years), stopped too suddenly and couldn't get my foot off the pedal fast enough to stand. I fell on gravel directly on my knee. It bled for 3 hours even with light pressure, could not walk on it and hot red swelling ensued. Went to the doctor and got x-rays- no break but extremely painful. Was put on Ceflaxin, moist heat and painkillers that didn't touch the pain. Crutches. Was told to see an Orthopedist. Didn't go because of $$ (no insurance) and work.

Comment from: soccermom, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I am a 34 year old mother of four. I was run over (by my own car) about a month ago from foot to just below the knee. I know my lower leg and foot were x-rayed at the hospital but I do not believe my knee was. Now that I am able to bend my ankle again from the sprain I received I am unable to bear any weight on my knee when in a kneeling position like putting children into car seats. The pain is severe when trying to put weight on it and will hurt for several minutes after I move from that position however there is no pain at any other time.

Comment from: sandyl28, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

Knee was popping when I was walking a few days ago. No it hurts when I walk. Getting up from a sitting position is the worst thing. The pain is more severe when I rest it, then try to walk. It is not painful any other time.

Must Read Articles Related to Knee Pain Overview

Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Chronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common...learn more >>
Gout
Gout Gout is characterized by abnormal uric acid metabolism. Symptoms and signs include a red, hot, swollen joint, and acute pain. Medications for the treatment of g...learn more >>
Knee Joint Replacement
Knee Joint Replacement The procedure of knee joint replacement is called a total knee arthroplasty (TKA). This surgery involves replacing your knee joint with a manmade one. Osteoarth...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain:

Knee Pain - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Knee Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with knee pain.