Viewer Comments: Labyrinthitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Labyrinthitis:

Labyrinthitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with labyrinthitis?

Comment from: jadimoto, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

I had a spinning sensation, off balance. This was followed by very severe vomiting, which was triggered by even very slight head movements.

Comment from: Cannelle, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have experienced all what has been described for labyrinthritis that is recurring vertigo, spinning, vomiting, cannot function for few days but something I would like to point out is that I noticed that 2 or 3 days before the vertigo starts I feel extremely tired and I have no energy. I just had a CT scan for my ears and I will know the result in two weeks when I go to my doctor's appointment.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I felt fine when I woke and was eager to take a morning bike ride. I dressed and applied sunscreen and after bending down to touch my toes I stood up and about fell over with dizziness. I hate to sit at home and I live to ride, but I've had to reverse that plan for today. I had this once several years ago and after taking antibiotics for three days I was fine.

Comment from: Racheal, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

With labyrinthritis, I had dizziness, nausea, ringing in the ears, motion sickness, and lethargy.

Comment from: Angm, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

It started mid-day, with a ringing in my ear. Later, I was in the middle of instructing a moderate fitness session early evening, when I had the sensation I was going to be sick and I started to vomit. It was like being on a boat in severe weather conditions. I was unable to stand up and I was driven home. Then I started to experience everything in the room spinning round. I kept vomiting and I was unable to get out of bed for five days. It was three entire weeks before all my symptoms had disappeared.

Comment from: kenalp, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

My symptoms were very typical. I had extreme vertigo and vomiting that lasted about three hours. I was admitted to the hospital where several tests were performed, all of which were normal. Unfortunately an ENT was not consulted until after I was released from the hospital. Two years later I have a moderately severe balance problem which is manifested when I stand or walk. I also have a permanent hearing loss which has been diagnosed as "profound" and cannot be resolved in any way with a hearing aid. So, I have pretty much learned to live with this condition.

Must Read Articles Related to Labyrinthitis

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery complications, medi...learn more >>
Meniere Disease
Meniere Disease Meniere's disease is a syndrome in which you experience episodes of spinning vertigo (sense of the room spinning), hearing loss, and tinnitus (ringing in the ea...learn more >>
Vertigo Vertigo, a feeling or perception that the environment around you is moving or spinning can be caused by inner ear inflammation, Benign paroxysmal positional ver...learn more >>