Viewer Comments: Labyrinthitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Labyrinthitis:

Labyrinthitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with labyrinthitis?

Comment from: Tony R, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I have had a severe headache on the right side of the head. Labrynthitis has been diagnosed but there is no explanation for the severe headaches.

Comment from: patspix, 55-64 (Patient) Published: March 10

I have been very dizzy since yesterday, especially when I get up from sitting down. I am going to try these exercises I've heard about. I also take motion sickness pills that help a little.

Comment from: Mark, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I was asleep on my side one night when I turned rapidly from side to side. I have used this method of turning in my sleep as long as I can remember only this time something different happened. When I turned I felt my skull turn with my body but my brain felt like it lagged behind my skull and then snapped into place like a rubber band. I have never remembered that happening in the past and it was painful. I went to work that day as usual but later in the afternoon when I had to climb and examine some equipment I became so dizzy that I had to sit down and thought that I may need to call emergency services. After 10 minutes I was well enough to drive to an emergency health care facility where I had a CT scan and all was clear. I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis and given an antibiotic and motion sickness pills. It has been a week and I still feel dizzy and am hoping to feel better soon.

Comment from: NinaBelle, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

The first time I ever had it, was so bad I called an ambulance. I could not open my eyes; the room was spinning around so fast I couldn't see anything. I had to crawl to the bathroom, vomiting the whole way. I spent the day in the ER on meclazine, copazine and who knows what. After that, I learned my lesson. If I feel a slight spin I start taking benadryl, meclazine and sudafed in the daytime. Never again has it been that bad.

Must Read Articles Related to Labyrinthitis

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Meniere Disease
Meniere Disease Meniere's disease is a syndrome in which you experience episodes of spinning vertigo (sense of the room spinning), hearing loss, and tinnitus (ringing in the ea...learn more >>
Vertigo
Vertigo Vertigo, a feeling or perception that the environment around you is moving or spinning can be caused by inner ear inflammation, Benign paroxysmal positional ver...learn more >>