Lactose Intolerance (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Because milk and milk containing products are the main sources of dietary calcium and vitamin D, people with lactose intolerance may be deficient in calcium and vitamin D. Calcium and vitamin D deficiency can lead to early osteoporosis and fragile bones. Therefore, calcium and vitamin D supplements are recommended for people with lactose intolerance.
Lactase enzyme supplements can be added to milk, as mentioned earlier, for people with lactose intolerance.
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Lactose Intolerance
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?