Lactose Intolerance (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Most people with lactose intolerance do not require routine follow-up with their doctors for this condition. Once the diagnosis is established, proper dietary changes, ingestion of milk substitutes and proper supplementation usually results in improvement or resolution of the symptoms of lactose intolerance.
Most people with lactose intolerance are cared for by their primary care physicians, internists, and gastroenterologists. Consultation with a dietician or nutritionist is advisable in order to review different foods that may contain hidden lactose and to understand nutritional alternatives.
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Lactose Intolerance
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?