IN THIS ARTICLE
After the Laparoscopy
Next Steps after Laparoscopy
If the procedure was for diagnosis of a condition or to view a diseased organ, the patient will meet with the doctor to go over the results of the exploratory surgery. For other procedures, follow up with your doctor as advised. Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity until fully recovered.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Laparoscopy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laparoscopy:
Laparoscopy - Patient Experience
Did you have to have a laparoscopy? Please describe your experience.
Laparoscopy - Risks
Did you experience complications from your laparoscopy? How did you recover?
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication