IN THIS ARTICLE
Results depend on which procedure was performed and what was found. In most cases, people recover quickly with minimal pain and discomfort because they have only small incisions to heal.
When to Seek Medical Care for Laparoscopy
If, after a laparoscopic procedure, a person develops any of these problems, a doctor should be contacted:
For More Information on Laparoscopy
MedlinePlus, Diagnostic Laparoscopy
MedlinePlus, Pelvic Laparoscopy
Medically reviewed by John A. Daller, MD; American Board of Surgery with subspecialty certification in surgical critical care
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Laparoscopy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laparoscopy:
Laparoscopy - Patient Experience
Did you have to have a laparoscopy? Please describe your experience.
Laparoscopy - Risks
Did you experience complications from your laparoscopy? How did you recover?
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication