Laparoscopy Topic Guide
Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is a less invasive form of surgery where surgeons make tiny incisions and insert tiny instruments and a camera into the incision to view internal organs and repair or remove tissue. Patients who undergo laparoscopic surgery may have quicker recovery times and experience less trauma to the body.
Endoscopy With the procedure known as gastrointestinal endoscopy, a doctor is able to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination is performed using an endoscope-a flexible fiberoptic tube, usually with the patient under sedation.
Expert Views and News
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication