Viewer Comments: Laryngitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laryngitis:

Laryngitis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your laryngitis?

Comment from: One Cent, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I get severe hoarseness and unproductive cough.

Comment from: Capn T, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I started out Wednesday with a sore throat and slight fever and my skin hurt, as well as feeling congestion in my upper airway. Thursday, my throat wasn't as sore, but it felt like the congestion moved down to below my Adam's apple and above my sternum. My nose was still congested and ears were plugged. Friday when I woke up, my voice was gone and had a bad taste in my mouth -- like that infectious sweet kind of taste and I coughed out this nasty thick green muck. It is Sunday and my voice is on the mend but not back to normal yet. I am trying to avoid people so I don't spread this, but don't know how long I am or have been contagious. Using good handwashing and covering my cough if I need to do that. I am also drinking plenty of fluids.

Must Read Articles Related to Laryngitis

Sore Throat
Sore Throat Sore throats are generally named for the anatomical site affected. The pharynx, tonsils, adenoids, larynx, and epiglottis. Sore throat treatment depends on the ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laryngitis:

Laryngitis - Cause

What was the cause of your laryngitis?

Laryngitis - Treatment

How was your laryngitis treated?