Viewer Comments: Laryngitis - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laryngitis:

Laryngitis - Cause

What was the cause of your laryngitis?

Comment from: Coralie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I started with a sore throat, then my voice got huskier, then quite suddenly I lost my voice. This happened 3 days ago.

Comment from: miriami, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

My symptoms always seem to start with sinus post nasal drip causing throat irritation. It then moves into hoarseness of my voice to total loss of my voice. My throat becomes highly irritated and feels sore scratchy while swallowing. Prior to all symptoms I could taste a bitter substance which was part of post nasal drainage. This usually occurs with the cold weather changes and I've been informed I may be allergic to mold. Drinking warm tea with lemon and honey is very soothing. It is best not to use your voice.

Comment from: Jennifer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My laryngitis came from having bronchitis for more than a 2 week period, my sinuses became impacted and then I lost my voice, I have now had no voice for 6 days.

Must Read Articles Related to Laryngitis

Sore Throat
Sore Throat Sore throats are generally named for the anatomical site affected. The pharynx, tonsils, adenoids, larynx, and epiglottis. Sore throat treatment depends on the ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laryngitis:

Laryngitis - Treatment

How was your laryngitis treated?

Laryngitis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your laryngitis?